This guide has been created to assist with the set up of your MobiCam HDX SK Camera. ( Item: 70196-SK / 70293-SK)
The HDX SK is a SMART enable device and therefore connects to the MOBI SMART APP, this is available to download in the Apple and Android app stores.
Before Getting Started
- Make sure you have access to your email to verify your MOBI Smart Account (You can also register with your mobile number)
- Have your 2.4GHz Wi-Fi Network Name and Password ready. Network passwords are case, space, and number sensitive. Check your WiFi Connection – MOBI Smart MobiCam HDX is designed to utilize a 2.4GHz(2G) WiFi Frequency.
Adding a Device and Scanning the QR Code
- Follow the in-app instructions to add a device. Plugin the camera, reset it and wait for the device to calibrate (it will rotate around on its own) and then the prompt will state 'waiting to connect'.
- In the App input the correct WiFi information, and scan the QR code.
- To scan the QR code, begin with the device close to the camera lens with the brightness turned up. Slowly move the device backward while constantly changing the angle of the screen slightly, to maximize the opportunity for the QR code to scan.
Scanning QR Code troubleshooting:
If you are having issues scanning the QR code, ensure the brightness is at maximum, the phone and camera lens are both clean and the phone is pointed directly at the lens.
If it persists, manually alter the camera lens angle and try again. If you have a colored screen protector you may have to remove it.
Once scanned the device will prompt 'QR code scanned, please confirm in-app' When you hear "Connected to Network" you can press the 'I heard a prompt' button in-app.
The device will begin to pair. Please keep the camera, phone, and WiFi router as close as possible.
Once the percentage bar reaches 100% the camera will prompt 'connecting to WiFi'
Followed by 'setup complete'
In-app it will state 'device added successfully'
Once paired click on the IPC camera to view the live stream.
The camera will not complete the setup?
'Device Installation Timeout' Notification
If you receive this notification it is likely a WiFi issue. Please ensure the WiFi information inserted into the app is correct. Additionally, ensure you are connecting to an independent 2.4GHz WiFi frequency. If you have a combined 2G and 5G signal the camera will not connect as it is receiving the 5G signal.
Set up complete but Camera offline?
This again is a WiFi issue. As stated before, ensure you are connected to the correct WiFi frequency. If you are connected to a combined 2G and 5G lines, the device will likely not connect.
Alternatively, this could be caused by a slow WiFi speed. We recommend a minimum of 20Mbps download and 10Mbps upload speed on your 2G network for these devices to maintain a constant connection. That said if you have many devices on this network, it is likely you may require a higher speed.
For a link to the instruction manual, please go here: https://www.getmobi.com/pages/user-manuals