This guide has been created to assist with the set up of your MobiCam Multi-Purpose camera Gen-2
If you are unsure what device you have, see here.
The MobiCam MP Gen-2 is usable through the MOBI SMART APP, available in App Store and Google Play.
Before Getting Started
- Make sure you have access to your email to verify your MOBI Smart Account (You can also register with your mobile number)
- Have your 2.4GHz Wi-Fi Network Name and Password ready. Network passwords are case, space, and number sensitive. Check your Wi-Fi Connection – MOBI Smart MobiCam MP is designed to utilize a 2.4GHz Wi-Fi Frequency.
Adding a Device and Scanning the QR Code
- Follow the in-app instructions to add a device. Plugin the camera, reset it and wait for the device to calibrate and then the prompt will state "waiting to connect."
In the app, input the correct Wi-Fi information, and scan the QR code.
To scan the QR code, begin with the device close to the camera lens with the brightness turned up. Slowly move the device backward while constantly changing the angle of the screen slightly; this will maximize the opportunity for the QR code to scan.
- Once QR code is read, camera will state "QR code scanned." Once this is heard, select "I heard a prompt" on the smartphone
- Wait for the smartphone to complete its connection to the camera; make sure the device is setup within the app, then select "done."
QR Code Troubleshooting
If you are having issues scanning the QR code, ensure the brightness is at maximum, the camera lens is clean, and the phone is pointed directly at the lens.
If it persists, manually alter the camera lens angle and try again. If you have a colored screen protector you may have to remove it.
Once scanned the device will prompt 'QR code scanned, please confirm in-app' When you hear "Connected to Network" you can press the 'I heard a prompt' button in-app.
The device will begin to pair. Please keep the camera, phone, and Wi-Fi router as close as possible.
Once the percentage bar reaches 100% the camera will prompt 'connecting to Wi-Fi'
Followed by 'setup complete'
In-app it will state 'device added successfully'
Once paired click on the IPC camera to view the live stream.
The camera will not complete the setup?
'Device Installation Timeout' Notification
If you receive this notification it is likely a Wi-Fi issue. Please ensure the Wi-Fi information inserted into the app is correct. Additionally, ensure you are connecting to an independent 2.4GHz Wi-Fi frequency. If you have a combined 2GHz and 5GHz signal the camera will not connect as it is receiving the 5GHz signal.
Set up complete but Camera offline?
This again is a Wi-Fi issue. As stated before, ensure you are connected to the correct Wi-Fi frequency. If you are connected to a combined 2GHz and 5GHz lines, the device will likely not connect.
Alternatively, this could be caused by a slow Wi-Fi speed. We recommend a minimum of 20Mbps download and 10Mbps upload speed on your 2GHz network for these devices to maintain a constant connection. That said if you have many devices on this network, it is likely you may require a higher speed.
For a link to the instruction manual, please go here: https://www.getmobi.com/pages/user-manuals